huge freaking lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey dirtyhick i know youve said you have less than a grand in your sas swap, how did you pull that off??

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Cruising the local craigslist one night I found a deal a guy had. He had bought the ORU kit, 78 f250 8 lug d44, crossover steering, springs, and a shackle flip for the rear for his 96 k1500 about 4 or 5 years ago and sold the truck about 3 months after collecting all the parts. Well I picked all that stuff up for either 650 or 700 I cant remember now but all I had to do was get the knuckle machined for the steering arm and put it all on my truck. I lucked out big time.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow dude, thats crazy. Yea it got me thinking could a sas be done cheaper or about the same as a cepek. But you'd have to get killer deals, And I realize I dont have the expertise with the custom work of a SAS. Just do it down the road i guess and rip the cepek out.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
butch is thaT 6" suspension with 3" body from cepek

yes

Wow dude, thats crazy. Yea it got me thinking could a sas be done cheaper or about the same as a cepek. But you'd have to get killer deals, And I realize I dont have the expertise with the custom work of a SAS. Just do it down the road i guess and rip the cepek out.

I've priced mine out I'm at 6500 (including wheels not tires and me doing all custom work) so far and I have bought the first part or fabbed up anything, keep in mind I've decided to skip leafs, and IFS lift and go straight to links. That makes Cepek and RCX look damn good.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plus you and dirtyhick already have 14 bolt rears. Im stuck with my 10 bolt g80, which i dont trust more than 35's.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice, whats your timetable for your sas?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
getting a bolt on kit aint easy, that freakin sucks. I know you gotta come up with alot of things and figure alot of junk out, that'd be the hard part for me. I like to figure things out, but not when it comes to geometry and steeering, or brakes. As far as unbolting crap, drilling, bolting on junk, that's good, I could do that anyday.

I was hoping it be easy though, hoping finding parts would be the hard part, but could buy most used and some new, like brakes and steering parts, all new, driveshafts, front end and t-case or whatever used, and the bracket kit new.

Figures though, if it were as easy as a lift, everyone would be doing it.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea it just piles up, like if i cant find a front axle to work with my np241 i gotta buy a new t-case