Howdy from texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hey!Some of us actually LIKE Louisiana!Cause it's,well,um........home?But man that Texas hill country!
Me and Dad drove to Luckenbach sometime in 74/75 before it was 'famous',Lord such beautiful country!
I have no problem with most of Louisiana or its people, just had bad experiences with many from New Orleans area. I'm in Houston and we had a lot of immigration from there a few years ago....
But I love the area around Lafayette, been there several times for a car show in the Before Times.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey!Some of us actually LIKE Louisiana!Cause it's,well,um........home?But man that Texas hill country!
Me and Dad drove to Luckenbach sometime in 74/75 before it was 'famous',Lord such beautiful country!
You can’t help where you come from lol
There’s so much pretty country out here and so many different kinds of country to see just in one state.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Orleans is way different than most of the rest of Louisiana, and if you travel the state of Louisiana, you will find may differences from area to area.
That’s for sure, just like Austin is way different than most of Texas.
we have some distant family from Louisiana… we don’t talk to them lol

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... when the west coasters are coming from that direction, and half of Louisiana is already over here...and Austin area is so hip....is it too late for a perimeter fence?
A Nebraskan, an Oklahoman, and a Texan are walking across a field when one of them trips on something. Digging it up, they find it's an old oil lamp.

"That looks like one 'o them magic genie lamps!" says the Okie.

The all rub on the lamp and a genie pops out.

"I am the Genie of the Lamp. I grant three wishes. There are three of you, you each get one wish."

Immediately the Nebraskan says, "I'm from Nebraska, and my whole family lives in Nebraska. We grow corn. I want you to make Nebraska fertile for corn from now until the end of time!"

The Genie nods, closes his eyes momentarily, and then exclaims, "It is done!"

The Texan gets excited and says, "I'm from Texas and ah'm sick 'n tired of all these furreners gittin' in. I want you to put a wall all around Texas so no furreners can git in."

The Genie turns to the Okie who's rubbing his chin and thinking carefully.

The Okie says, "Tell me a little 'bout this wall 'round Texas."

The Genie obliges, "The wall is a thousand feet tall, five hundred feet tall, and impenetrable."

The Okie nods and says, "Fill it with water!"

And with that, welcome to the forum!

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Nebraskan, an Oklahoman, and a Texan are walking across a field when one of them trips on something. Digging it up, they find it's an old oil lamp.

"I am the Genie of the Lamp. I grant three wishes. There are three of you, you each get one wish."

Immediately the Nebraskan says, "I'm from Nebraska, and my whole family lives in Nebraska. We grow corn. I want you to make Nebraska fertile for corn from now until the end of time!"

The Texan gets excited and says, "I'm from Texas and ah'm sick 'n tired of all these furreners gittin' in. I want you to put a wall all around Texas so no furreners can git in."

The Genie obliges, "The wall is a thousand feet tall, five hundred feet tall, and impenetrable."

That’s pretty funny rite ther

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That’s pretty funny rite ther
I don't wanna drown em, just don't want these people,who come to Texas (this is particularly ridiculous in greater Austin, but happens in the rest of the state too) that say they came here "because we like how unique and special it is" and then want to make it just like whatever place they came from, that they supposedly couldn't stand, and get out of fast enough.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't wanna drown em, just don't want these people,who come to Texas (this is particularly ridiculous in greater Austin, but happens in the rest of the state too) that say they came here "because we like how unique and special it is" and then want to make it just like whatever place they came from, that they supposedly couldn't stand, and get out of fast enough.
That’s exactly right. Don’t California my Texas.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score

As a Texan, I both resent that, and can't stop laughing.