Howdy from texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Orleans is "Special".I've met some really nice people from there and worked with a guy from Metarie who was an all around great dude.But.If I never set foot in or around NO ever again it'll be too soon.I know after the storms in 05 a lot of the residents were moved hither and yon and remember the horror stories about the Astrodome.But not all of Louisiana is like that.I'm West Central,about 20 miles from the Texas state line,and we're pretty conservative here.This was my Dad's childhood home and he retired out of the USAF here,so now it's my home too.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well... when the west coasters are coming from that direction, and half of Louisiana is already over here...and Austin area is so hip....is it too late for a perimeter fence?
I think it is far too late for that. But as long as I don't have to go into Austin and stay out away from the "Insert Left Turn Signal Here" then its normal. Sort of. Ish.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Nebraskan, an Oklahoman, and a Texan are walking across a field when one of them trips on something. Digging it up, they find it's an old oil lamp.

"That looks like one 'o them magic genie lamps!" says the Okie.

The all rub on the lamp and a genie pops out.

"I am the Genie of the Lamp. I grant three wishes. There are three of you, you each get one wish."

Immediately the Nebraskan says, "I'm from Nebraska, and my whole family lives in Nebraska. We grow corn. I want you to make Nebraska fertile for corn from now until the end of time!"

The Genie nods, closes his eyes momentarily, and then exclaims, "It is done!"

The Texan gets excited and says, "I'm from Texas and ah'm sick 'n tired of all these furreners gittin' in. I want you to put a wall all around Texas so no furreners can git in."

The Genie nods, closes his eyes momentarily, and then exclaims, "It is done!"

The Genie turns to the Okie who's rubbing his chin and thinking carefully.

The Okie says, "Tell me a little 'bout this wall 'round Texas."

The Genie obliges, "The wall is a thousand feet tall, five hundred feet tall, and impenetrable."

The Okie nods and says, "Fill it with water!"

And with that, welcome to the forum!
Damn Funny! Good one!