How will they fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I am running stock rims with 285/75/16 tires. Found the following on Craigslist and wonder how they will fit. 4" back spacing? Will that make the tires stick out further than the stocks? How much further? 16x8 - Whats the stock rim on a 1993 (16x???).

16x 8 aluminum wheels. 6 lug chevy bolt pattern, 4in back spacing

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
But how will they fit? Will they stick out because of the spacing or is that close to stock? I know nothing about wheels!!!

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
stock wheels are 16x7 if i'm not mistaken i have 16x10's on my truck with 305/70/16 tires with no issues,the 285's are the equivalent of a 33x10.5 and with the rims they wont stick out more than a hair over stock also come to think of it on my sons truck we put on a set of 15x8 obs rally wheels with 33x12.5 tires and their even with the flairs on fenders and bed

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My rims are 15x8 with 35-12.5s, 4 backspacing so it should fit about how mine does

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
My truck had the 16x7 stock wheels on it, with 265/75r16s.

I bought 16x8 Vision Warriors (current wheels) with 0mm offset, which also makes an even backspace, so the mounting center of the wheel is directly in the middle of the rim, wheels are always 1" wider than what it says, the bead is 8", but the outer lips come to an extra inch, so really, my wheels are like 16x9s, 16x9s are like 16x10s, and so on, anyways, so 4.5" backspace.

Being a 16x8 with a 4.5 inch backspace, my wheels do stick out an ass hair farther than the fender lip. Enough to make my 3" body lift and 2" block lift look not so retarded with 265s..

The ones your looking at have a 4" backspace, so they will stick out an extra half inch from the body than mine.

Backspace is the distance from the back of the mounting center of your wheel, to the outside bead of the inside of your wheel. So if you took the wheel off your truck, put it face down on the ground, and measured the distance from the mounting center of the back of the wheel to outer bead on the inside of the wheel, that's your backspacing.

Offset, harder to explain, it goes by millimeters (mm), mine being 0mm, have no offset, so the backspacing is unaltered.

- A Negative offset means the middle of the wheel is deeper in the rim, so the more negative of an offset, the less backspacing.

- A Positive offset means the middle of the wheel is shallower in the rim, so there is more backspacing.

Too high of a positive offset can quite possibly make the inside of your tire rub on the frame.

Too high of a negative offset can be bad for your wheel studs, or on the front can tear up the body when turned full lock, and it's stressful on ball joints and tie rods.

Too high or too low of a backspacing can be bad, if you think about it, if your wheel is super deep, the weight of your vehicle is resting on only 1 side of a wheel, instead of a 0mm offset where all the weight is resting right in the middle of the wheel.

Once again, some bits are harder to explain without using my hands as a reference, like most people do :lol:

Last edited: