how to measure a static drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92terminator

Reaction score
hello, im wondering if anyone can help me on figuring out what drop springs i have in the front of my 92 chevy 1500.
i picked up these springs from a buddy and just slapped them on he thinks they are 3'' but hes not sure, they feel saggy though, maybe they are too worn out?
my truck is a extended cab, does it matter if the springs came from a regular cab?

thanks in advanced.
jorge

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
the easiest way to figure it out is to measure from the center of the spindle to the fender lip and compare that to a stock truck's measurements.

92terminator

Reaction score
the easiest way to figure it out is to measure from the center of the spindle to the fender lip and compare that to a stock truck's measurements.

got it, thanks.

just measured it and im getting 15 1/2 inches from the fender lip to the center of the hub.

can anyone with a 2, 3, or 4'' drop post what theirs measures so i can have an idea?
id apreciate it.

thanks.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My 95 w/t is stock and measures 17", but I could have spring sag.

Your avatar looks right! is that 3" front, or 4"?

92terminator

Reaction score
My 95 w/t is stock and measures 17", but I could have spring sag.

Your avatar looks right! is that 3" front, or 4"?

thats what im trying to figure out.. i just got some new 2'' springs, ill put them in and see where it puts me at.