How much do 93 GMC Yukon alloy rims actually weigh?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
those are only 23-24 lbs. Most steel wheels are going to be heavier than that.

a 15x7 mickey thompson classic III is about 15-16 lbs if your trying to go featherweight.

Do they make that in a 16x7? That might work, and thanks :)

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
4 wheels are not gonna decrease your rotational mass that much, if you were that concerned like i said dump the spotlight dump the pushbar the steps and everything else because thats all unneeded weight as well.

all in all your driving a truck not a mazda, you wont have great handling if you want good mileage buy a little car.

+

"and as mentioned, reducing drag and weight will net better fuel milage than saving 10 pounds of rims... especially when you factor in the cost of buying new rims."

Read the article :)

A difference of 10lbs can be a 10-15% rotational inertia difference, with the self-same benefits or penalties inherent to that. As I'm using the same tires, the lighter the rim, the better it'll be. At the risk of repeating myself, I would like to go with a better looking wheel (while maintaining the rim height/width/backspacing), but I don't want to increase the weight of the wheel. It isn't really a question of "getting better mileage/great handling", but that of pointlessly making something *worse* in the name of nothing but aesthetics.

Make sense?

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
not at all, if your trying to save wieght then i can name about a dozen on your vehicle right now. i come from a land of camaro race car drivers with lexan windows gutted interiors and the like. trying to save wieght for better handling makes no sense because its still a top heavy v8 full framed vehicle.

trucks vs. cars are different animals. a mazda is setup more for handling a truck is not this having a lighter wheel tire combo on a car is more beneificial and useful on a light car thats being raced or autocrossed as opposed to a truck thats still gonna be a heavy truck.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
not at all, if your trying to save wieght then i can name about a dozen on your vehicle right now. i come from a land of camaro race car drivers with lexan windows gutted interiors and the like. trying to save wieght for better handling makes no sense because its still a top heavy v8 full framed vehicle.

trucks vs. cars are different animals. a mazda is setup more for handling a truck is not this having a lighter wheel tire combo on a car is more beneificial and useful on a light car thats being raced or autocrossed as opposed to a truck thats still gonna be a heavy truck.

It's got nothing to do per-se with handling ;) It's about not making something worse needlessly :) If I can find a rim I like that weighs less or equal to the nasty stock alloys (in the same fitment so my tires can carry over), that's the way I want to go :)

To put it simply:

Goal=Replace rims with ones that look better, but do not buy rims that weigh more.

That's all.

Last edited: