How much are my 454 vortec heads worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Death Dually 99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rebuilt my Vortec 454 and put a set of aluminum procomp heads on it and have a guy wanting to buy the stock heads but not sure what to ask for them. The original engine only had 124,000 miles on them and had no issues when I removed them. What's a fair price ??? Thanks in advance l.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try eBay for used retail prices, but calling a salvage yard to see what they're selling them for is probably more realistic.

Check car-part.com for salvage yard inventories and prices in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I rebuilt my Vortec 454 and put a set of aluminum procomp heads on it and have a guy wanting to buy the stock heads but not sure what to ask for them. The original engine only had 124,000 miles on them and had no issues when I removed them. What's a fair price ??? Thanks in advance l.

What did you pay for the Pro Comp heads?

Death Dually 99

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I've got the heads sold to the guy that was asking about them and pretty happy because I sold them for $300 good thing I didn't throw them in my back yard to rot.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I've got the heads sold to the guy that was asking about them and pretty happy because I sold them for $300 good thing I didn't throw them in my back yard to rot.

That's actually not a bad price for either party based on what I'm finding on car-part.com in my area. I'm seeing $125-$250 per head.