How low should one go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

takt

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here...
So I purchased a 95 Silverado step side 160,000 miles a few weeks ago, I was curious about lowering it but i am curious how low you can go and still have a usable truck bed? Any help would be much appreciated.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Depends on what you're typically hauling. For dirtbikes, quads, etc, the lower you are the easier it is to load up. Haha.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here...
So I purchased a 95 Silverado step side 160,000 miles a few weeks ago, I was curious about lowering it but i am curious how low you can go and still have a usable truck bed? Any help would be much appreciated.
If by usable truck bed you mean not having to cut it out to clear a super notch, then about 8" in the rear is it. To actually use this to carry a load, you'll need helper bags.

Richard

takt

Reaction score
If I do a 4/6 with shackles and hangers will I be able to still carry heavy loads.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You don't get a 6" rear drop with shackles and hangers; that's a 4" drop. 6" is a flip kit. And yes as long as you notch the frame as required, you can carry reasonably heavy loads. It still may have a tendency to bottom out on the notch if you load it too much, and again helper bags would be the best solution there so you can air 'em up just as needed.

Richard