HOW DO WE RESET OUR AIRBAG MODULES??????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Air Bags are easy. I work on them all the time.

Disconnect the battery and touch the two cables together for 15 seconds. It will drain the capacitors in the modules. The connector will pop right out with that black retainer clip removed. Sometimes taking a small screwdriver to pry it up wards will help. Then just push it back in when your putting it back together.

As started earlier, a static charge will cause it to detonate. So just be carefull.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Thanks to above answer. Now how does the clockspring get centered? I bought a dorman 525-006. Its similiar to the gm one. It has a yellow hook on the front for turning I believe.
On the actual part, it mentions turning it until it stops, then turning it back 3 turns. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly.
I'll also wear rubber gloves when reinstalling the airbag connections. Dont' want any electric static near that airbag.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Usually they come with a clip so it doesn't spin until you remove the clip, well all the Hyundai's do at least, they had a clockspring recall on some Tucsons.

MAKE sure you put the steering wheel on centered, hopefully you marked your spines.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
One more minor problem. I've misplaced my c- clip that holds down the clockspring. Does anyone know the size of that c- clip?