How do I install Rear Window???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95 Z71

Reaction score
Dont know if this where this should go but I have searched everywhere on how to take out and replace the rear window. I have a 1995 Chevy Z71 and I think its the one that has the silicone to hold it in. If someone could give me some advice on how to do this thank you in advance.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
My '93 has a rubber gasket that needs to pop out and then it's siliconed in from there. I'm looking to get a rear sliding window in mine to replace the solid window.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i also need a new rear window, it is a slider, i'm not going to do it myself, this is not going to be cheap. i don't imagine it is an easy task to tackle if you have never done it before, but good luck none the less.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
To have it replaced around here would cost about $300 for me. If I can find a good slider in the junk yard and run some silicone for under $100 I'm all for it!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Taking glass out is hard if you don't have the right tools.

At the tech school I went to, my instructor wanted us to know what it was like doing glass removal without using rocks and hammers, so he told us to 'get creative'.

I wrapped a guitar string (D string) around a little metal pipe that had a hole in the side, slip the string in between the glass and glass frame, then wrapped it around another little pipe with a hole in the side, and had a friend grab the pipe on the other side, we sawed and sawed, that worked great.

You can also use a hacksaw blade or carpenter knife.

95 Z71

Reaction score
Ok how about this, is there any difference between a silicone window and the regular rubber strip one? Just woundering. Thanks guys.