Hooker Headers - Buyers beware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I ordered a set of Hooker Competition headers (2462HKR part number) for my 97' K1500. Now according to Summit, these are a direct fit, but I use another company as a supplier for my shop. The headers are advertised with no welding required, all hardware included, bolt in..- This does not seem to be the case for the set I received. First, the headers do not have flanges on them. This is a problem because it means that welding is required, and a set of flanges must be located (according to Hooker, they should have flanges pre-welded onto them). Second, the oxygen sensor bung (which is advertised and shown pre-drilled and tapped) was welded on, but never drilled or tapped. Third, the included bolts are too short - only 2 threads reach into the heads, which seems like a piss poor idea when you're bolting them to an aluminum head.

All that being said - does anyone here have experience with Hooker as a company? My supplier can't do much to help me unless I remove them from the truck, but that's not a possibility. They're already installed and modified, plus my old manifolds had to be cut off. This seems to be a Hooker quality control issue, as the box came factory sealed. I'm wondering if Hooker will issue me a refund or partially refund, as this $400 set of headers just cost me an extra $200 to be installed when they were supposed to be a full package.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Is this your headers?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2462hkr

I would say yes, they took very detailed pictures of both the welded on flanges and a close up of a drilled and tapped o2 sensor hole. I would talk to your shop and ask them to separate the bill into two sections one section for removing and installing the headers and one for the modifications needed to weld on the flange, drill/tap the o2 holes, and lastly the price and time to order longer bolts.

Not sure if they will honor it but a well documented shop statement along with those summit pictures are pretty conclusive evidence that you didnt get what you were expecting and needed to pay more to get them to work.

Good luck! Keep us filled in on the details as you go!

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Is this your headers?
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2462hkr

I would say yes, they took very detailed pictures of both the welded on flanges and a close up of a drilled and tapped o2 sensor hole. I would talk to your shop and ask them to separate the bill into two sections one section for removing and installing the headers and one for the modifications needed to weld on the flange, drill/tap the o2 holes, and lastly the price and time to order longer bolts.

Not sure if they will honor it but a well documented shop statement along with those summit pictures are pretty conclusive evidence that you didnt get what you were expecting and needed to pay more to get them to work.

Good luck! Keep us filled in on the details as you go!

Those are the headers, yes. Even in the product description and reviews on Summit, as well as my supplier, you can see that people are commenting that the flange is nice and thick, etc.