Holy cow WTF????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
(Heres a writeup I found on these trucks)February 09, 1989 It's a truck. No, it's a car. No, it's a truck and a car. If you see a vehicle on the streets of Central Florida that keeps you guessing, it may be the Americruiser, a multipurpose ''passenger pickup'' vehicle made in Jacksonville.

More accurately, Americruisers are long- or short-bed General Motors pickup trucks that can be bought from the stock of designated dealers and converted by Americruiser Corp. Ford and Dodge conversions are on the way, the manufacturer said.Once selected, a truck is shipped to Jacksonville, where the cab is extended 42 inches and a roomy bench seat, which can be unfolded into a sleeper, is added.

After it has been fitted with plush interior trim, large side windows and a vinyl roof coating, the vehicles are delivered to their owners at costs ranging from $21,797 to $23,997.

The stainless-steel cab extension requires the addition of heavy tubular steel reinforcements in the sides and top, but the original paint is kept intact, and the seams are disguised with wide vertical trim.

Except for the cab extension and the corresponding loss of cargo space, the vehicle retains its overall dimensions. The vehicle also retains its factory warranty, and Americruiser adds warranty coverage of its own.

Brent Loy or Daniel Little, Americruiser's Central Florida factory representatives, can be called through Bruce Peltz, vice president of Americruiser Corp., 709 Tallyrand Ave., Jacksonville, Fla. 32202; telephone, (904) 353-2400.
Ads by Google

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually that style is made with a van body, never seen a pickup version before.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the basic setup of the center console . should have wrapped or painted it though