Hollister Hills Jan 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following New Years Eve and the downtime the next day as a result, I loaded up and spent an evening and day following down at Hollister yet again. I met up with Jason, Matt and some Yota/Sami guys down there. Not a whole lot happened as a result of Yota carnage on the MiniCon (hub gear) and more on frame twister of all things (sheared the studs at the hub). We did run Tank Trap, which was full of water and some goop. Mud is still icky, smelly and stuck to everything but I have admit it was a little fun being able to lay into the throttle on the climbs.

Jason broke another Warn Premium 35spl hub, put a pluggable hole in the side of one of his 42 TSL's and snarl his winch cable. I managed to scrape all the tubes on the driverside down to bare metal somewhow. Both of us were very happy to have winches as was the Sami buggy behind us. Some of the climbs just weren't passable with the equipment we brought. Jason was using every ounce of his 8.1L and even hitting them in 3rd wasn't able to get up and out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jason in Squeeze

Yota on the MiniCon

Rick's Willy's with a cammed and supercharged 6.0L LQ4 under the hood

Jason's attempts at the first fall, followed by necesary winching. My result was much the same; hammer until no more progress is being made and then pull cable.

The Sami followed suit.

Stopped, broken hub.

Sigh.

Since nobody had a spare and Jason's drive flanges still haven't shown up form Rock'n'Roll Offroad, we pulled the borrowed passenger flange (from blowing the other hub on the Con in Aug) and put it on the driverside being the way the canyon is layed out.

Getting through the last whole before the climb out.

That's all I've seen posted so far. Might be more to be had later.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice shots. would really like to just load up and go down to try that place out sometime. maybe one day..

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So sick, one of these days I'll get to see it in person. Cool that you live so close.