High Output Alternator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, after doing the big 3 with 1/0 wire, and i out in a mean green hd headlight harness i noticed something last week, i was driving through the inland empire (san fernando valley, ca) and it was in the 90s, i had the AC cranked up, the radiator fan was on and my stereo was bumpin (always) anyways i noticed that the voltage dropped from a normal 14.5-15 to a measley 12.5 with the AC and radiator fan on, i think i need an alternator upgrade, especially because i plan on putting a Big blow through box in about the next year, what do you guys suggest?
Oh its a 93 C1500 4.3l V6

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
dallas. last time i had one rebuilt by them was about 3-4 years ago. took a week or so turnaround

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm, sounds good, im looking for a 200ish amp upgrade, just something to keep everything nice and charged, eventually when i get my new system in there i will be running dual batteries, who does this upgrade out in TX?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How local? im in CA, but i can always ship it especially if im saving 289+

Check the yellow pages, with the car scene out there I'm sure there is someone local that can do the same thing....

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or try summit too they might have a high output alt

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
if you have the cast style engine brackets( which you should) you can run the 140a OEM alt off of a 97 c3500 diesel truck. The plug is different but I am sure that could be made to work pretty easily I know the alt will fit though I tried it on one at the junk yard the other day.