hids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zackyg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
do they make hids for the 88-89 style headlights when you put the crystal clear headlights in

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The market is flooded with options for "plug n' play" HID kits. You're going to have to decide what Kelvin temp your going to want, and if you want 35W or 55W. 35w is usually more then enough though. And 4300K is about the whitest and brightest light you can get from an HID, that's the Kelvin temp that comes in OEM applications. The higher the Kelvin temp the more blue that they will have, and also have less light output the higher the kelvin temp is.

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
He has the correct information on aftermarket HIDs. The problem is 88-89 headlights are sealed beam and the options are VERY limited.

I've loved the quad headlights on my 88, but with the limited options it has taken awhile to find all the options. Here is my thread explaining pretty much every option you have to fit your current headlights.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthr...ed-Beam-upgrades-(Bosch-T84-E-code-headlights)

And here is my HID install
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?948-88GMCtruck-s-non-projector-HID-conversion

zackyg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do also love the look of the 4 headlights. i get the LMC mag in the mail and i always wanted to get the euro style crystal clear lenses. If i buy a set of these will i be able to change the bulbs like a newer vehicle from the back of the housing. they come with blue bulbs but would i be able to switc them with hids easily?

zackyg

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
also would the paint remover that you used on the 6.5 wheels also work on my stock aluminum wheels?