Hi All!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glock19

Reaction score
New member here, from the Kansas City, Missouri area. I don't own any GM vehicles at the moment, but I'm looking to get myself a GMT400 of one type or another. To be honest, I'ts really hard to choose the body type that I want. I really like the RCSB's, however, I do have a family, and it would be nice if the new truck could hold all of us. My second choosing would be a crew cab, in my experience, they are a little more difficult to find, and may possibly be out of my price range to find one in decent condition. I have a feeling that I'll be adding a second truck shortly after the first :). Does anyone here have kids that ride in the back of an EC? How do they like it? I can't completely speak for all of my plans, as I don't have the truck yet, but I will say I have always wanted a lowered truck;). Any who, just wanted to say hello, and make a quick intro before I go posting everywhere. See ya' around!

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
New member here, from the Kansas City, Missouri area. I don't own any GM vehicles at the moment, but I'm looking to get myself a GMT400 of one type or another. To be honest, I'ts really hard to choose the body type that I want. I really like the RCSB's, however, I do have a family, and it would be nice if the new truck could hold all of us. My second choosing would be a crew cab, in my experience, they are a little more difficult to find, and may possibly be out of my price range to find one in decent condition. I have a feeling that I'll be adding a second truck shortly after the first :). Does anyone here have kids that ride in the back of an EC? How do they like it? I can't completely speak for all of my plans, as I don't have the truck yet, but I will say I have always wanted a lowered truck;). Any who, just wanted to say hello, and make a quick intro before I go posting everywhere. See ya' around!
I drive a newer EC and there's no complaints. It might get cramped if they sit behind someone who likes to have the seat back but I'm 6ft 4 and I've ridden in the back seat of this exact truck for hours on end. Leg room is really the only complaint I could see and as long as you aren't doing any long road trips, an EC should be more then enough. You could also look Tahoes unless you're dead set on having a pickup. Welcome from North Carolina!

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're not in a rush, I'd take my time and look for the crew cab. Especially since you'll be getting two trucks. IMO, with a family, one of those two trucks should be a crew cab. You won't be upset you have the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I agree, wait for a crew cab to pop up. The back seat in my extended cab is folded up because no one ever sits back there. If I'm driving more than one person, we'll take their car:welcome:

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, from North of the border!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from another Missouri dweller!

Glock19

Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I think I have decided to go ahead and take my time and look for the crew cab. I dont think the wife would appreciate anything less. As much as I want a Tahoe or Burban, I need a pickup at this point. I was thinking of sharing some of what I find in my search, so I could get some input from you guys. Is there a particular section of the forum I should create that thread? Thanks Again!