Hey I need some advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since replacing the distributor, you’ll need a good scan tool to read the crank/camshaft offset (CMP Retard) to clear the P1345.

Spec is zero degrees, plus or minus two, at 1000-rpm. You’ll loosen the distributor hold down bolt and rotate the distributor until the scanner reads the offset within spec. YouTube has videos on it, search for ‘CMP Retard’.

There are a few apps that can read it with a Bluetooth OBD adapter. DashCommand and CarGauge Pro come to mind. Do a search on those, sometimes they don’t work for all years. Best bet is to find someone with a Tech-2, Snap-On or something like that.

Mattyhewson

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to thank you all for the very helpful advice on fixing my truck. The old girl is running better than ever! No more of this little light of mine on my gauge cluster. I had a friend come on over with a Snap-On OBD2 reader and cleared all my codes, got the trucks distributor to -1 reading. And found out that my oxygen sensor behind the cat is throwing codes. Mainly because I don't have one. Other than that she also needs a new exhaust. Oh well a project for another day.