Hey guys, is this a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked to the guy and he is dead set on the $800

I wonder how far out it will push the wheels...........

So im now looking into a coilspring mid travel from BTF

just waiting for some info

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
this kit use to be $2500-$3000.00 new, it was the only bolt on kit you could get with any increase in travel at the time.... I have this same Lift kit. (CST made one for a short time, it was basically the same kit)

If he really has new upper, lower ball joints and new tie rod ends with brake lines. I'd say its pretty fair priced.

my only concern is where are the tierod extenders? is that just a longer tierod sleeve? the arms are 2.5" wider on each side so you got to have the extenders and mine do not look like that. Also my bump stops do not look like that either, but they look to be similar thickness.

also make sure you have the right spindle for that lift, at the time I believe Fabtech made 2 different kinds of spindles, 1 didnt work with that lift. (contact fabtech, they seemed helpful when I needed hardware)

Lift should net you 7.5" lift, and I offroaded mine pretty hard in sand, it did very well, to the point where I wanted to upgrade the leaf spring pack in the back.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The add does say it has the extended sleeves but im not sure how much longer they are from stock.....

reply from BTF for the $2100 mid travel kit
Hi steve, our kit is 4.5" wider each side, so yes you will need glass fenders. The kit comes with upper and lower control arms, tierod extenders, coils, and extended brakelines. I suggest using a 3-4" lift spindle (any aftermarket bolt on lift spindle will work with our kit)

Since it uses stock or aftermarket lift spindles you can use your existing wheels. The bolt pattern doesn't change.

Hi , im interested in the 88-98 chevy coilspring kit you have. can you tell me how much wider it will make it and would I need glass fenders? Also what all comes with the kit. Would I be able to keep my 5 lug wheels , and what is the wait time for this kit. thank you for your time. Steve

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
which way are you leaning?

Ive seen some BTF pictures, it looks stronger and yields more travel.

Last edited:

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I don't know if they still do but they also have a mid travel lift that still keeps the coil bucket in tact.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they still do but they also have a mid travel lift that still keeps the coil bucket in tact.

That is the lift I asked about (coil spring) my first thought was he gave me info for the coil over lift because I could of sworn they said no glass needed for the mid travel. But that was a couple years ago. I don't want to email them again asking the same question and piss em off lol

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
You might still want to go glass with there coil bucket lift, it's got a lot of up travel plus the tires stick out well pass the fenders, even on the fabtech lift the wheels stick out a good amount passed the fenders.