Hey everybody. 88 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ATTAy 2014. It's not the greatest looking truck but it had all the options i wanted, it was 4x4 with the 4.3 V6 and a 5speed with only 78K miles on a newer Vortec engine and a loud as hell exhaust that was split at the y pipe.
Here is a picture of the truck when i first got it. Not sure why it's sideways.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a roll bar with kc lights off craigslist for 75 bucks and sprayed it flat black. future plans include a bull bar and a set of 33s. Also found a set of cab marker lights on clearance for $6 the other day, still up in the air if i wanna put them on. I like the look of them but something about cab lights on a half-ton doesn't sit well.

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Its been a royal pain in the ass since i got it. I replaced the clutch in april then i started proceedings of replacing the transmission due to a cracked tail housing in may. Naturally, i ran into a lot more problems than i was expecting and even though the whole transmission swap has been done since early July, i still haven't been able to drive it since then

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i started pulling the transmission i had the intention of just replacing the back half of it, so i ordered a tailshaft only to find out after i had everything pulled out that i had a different transmission than the one i ordered the replacement for. I had ordered an NV3500 back half when it turns out i had the 5LM60. So after a couple days of messing with it i decided to just replace the whole transmission. So i went and picked up an NV3500 and a 241C T-Case with 80K miles. Long story short, it ended up raining all day every day for about 2 weeks straight and i unfortunately don't have access to a garage so I'm doing everything on my back outside. Got everything in in about 3 hours over a few days in the first week of July and spent pretty much the whole month with an off and on eye infection due to a forced change in the brand of contact lenses i wear.

Cody302

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The truck currently has the WT style bi-level headlights and grille but the guy i bought it from gave me a set of the newer headlights, grille and all the wiring so that'll go on when i get around to it. Thing I'm worried about is potentially finding out the harness isn't complete halfway through the swap. I wanna pick up a step bar after i get my 33's, have a bad back (due to car accident when i was 15) and a hard enough time getting into it now on some days. Considering a cheap black paint job and intentions of replacing solid rear window with a sliding one and most likely camo wrap around the instrument cluster.

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Grille swaps are very easy, all that needs to be done wiring wise is chop off the headlight plugs and splice the ones on for the composite headlights.