Help with 99 Yukon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graham Cole

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was driving my Yukon home last night when it just quit. On trying to restart the engine behaves like its out of time. I've had some intermittent misfires I've been trying to find leading up to this, truck has new plugs, wires, and a rotor and cap done all within the last year. If anyone has any suggestions please help! Winters coming and it's my winter driver!

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the fuel pressure,you'll need a fuel pressure gauge. It should be around 55-60 psi.the fuel pump way have took a ****.

Graham Cole

Reaction score
I'll check but I don't think that's it, when it cranks over it'll kick and backfire and when it does start its pushing air back through the intake before it dies

Graham Cole

Reaction score
so the problem is in the distributer gear, 4-5 teeth completely missing and the rest wore down A lot. I have the new gear but does anyone know the procedure to time the engine? It was out of time when the distributer was removed