Help with 95 K2500 Brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Cook

Reaction score
1995 K2500 Silverado 2 door, extended cab 5.7L, Auto, Long bed
All my lights work except brake lights...tail, turn,back up. 4 way
I have changed all parts related except for the wires.
fuse(under hood 30 amp), relay, switch(2x) turn signal arm, 3rd brake light, circuit boards in the rear.
I have disconnected all non OEM wires, ie 5 pin trailer connector and brake controller.
I have test light the orange wire at the brake light switch and it is hot.
I have jumped wired the orange and white wire at the plug at the switch and all brake lights come on.
I have installed the switch and activated it with a screw driver and all brake lights come on.
I have plugged the switch in and installed the switch by placing it on the pin at the top of the brake pedal and clicking it down onto the pushrod.
step on the pedal...no brake lights, started the truck and pressed the pedal, no brake lights.
I did not put the clip back on the rod to hold the switch because its a pain in the $%^. So I held it tight and pushed the pedal...nothing. Put a NEW clip back on and still nothing
Bought a second switch just to confirm the new one wasn't bad(it happens, I know)...nothing.
I don't know what to do from here.
Any ideas you would have would be appreciated. Thanks

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, although I haven't done as much troubleshooting as you.

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem. It was a bad ground on my truck, at the taillight harness.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Over the weekend I went through mine, in depth.

I could jump the relay and my brake lights worked, so I knew my harness was good to the rear. However, I was not getting 12v up to the relay from the switch. Out came the dash, column, and harness, and there were two broken wires in my switch harness.