Help with 3inch body lift please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcguy

Reaction score
I just bought a 3 inch body lift off someone. it is brand new but just doesn't have directions could someone be able to give me directions for one of these kits im mechanically inclined and do all my own mechanic work but i cant figure out all the pieces to the kit. any instructions or advice is apreciated

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
What brand is the kit? You can usually go on their website and find an installation file that goes through the steps to install it.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Pucks and bolt are fairly strait forward.

Remove grill, front bumper and low fan shroud. Remove bolts under core support mounts, front cab mounts and rear cab mounts. Do one side at a time, back out other side and tighten in one or 2 threads to keep body from moving out of place. Use floor jack and blocks of wood to pick up one side of cab, install pucks and loosely thread in bolts. Follow same procedures on opposite side. Then tighten up all body mount bolts.

Install steering shaft extension. Install bumper with new bumper raising brackets and reinstall grill.

You'll have 4 spacers for the radiator fan shroud. place spacers between upper and lower and bolt together.

Remove one side of bed bolts and leave opposite side one or 2 threads in. Cut rubber fuel filter neck in half, install metal pipe spacer between 2 rubber sides and clamp together with provided hose clamps. Lift with jack and block of woof and Install pucks on one side and loosely bolt in, follow same steps on opposite side. Install support braces in middle of bed floor between front and rear pucks (tack weld in place when possible) and tighten all bed bolts.
Post pics of parts that you are unsure of and any questions can be answered.

That should the gist of it. I may have looked over a few details.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Don't need a jack for the bed, just pick it up and put 2 pucks in then the other 2 slide in then do the other side, if it's 95+ make sure to crawl under and grab the shift cable and pull it out prior to lifting the cab