Help on swapping front suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackhillsdag

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase an early 90 something k1500 regular cab short box 4x4 with 4.3l 5 spd. It was hit in the right front. The frame is tweaked and the front differential housing was broken in the hit. Another frame comes with it, I think a cab and a half. Can I just do measurements, cut and replace the front frame rails and suspension? Then weld like mild steel?

I'm new to forums and my first post. Thanks in advance.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
mmm to make it straight it will be tough. also I wouldnt just butt weld it. you might need to beef that section up with sandwhich plate it. the best option is a direct frame swap. would be less work in the long run.

Blackhillsdag

Reaction score
mmm to make it straight it will be tough. also I wouldnt just butt weld it. you might need to beef that section up with sandwhich plate it. the best option is a direct frame swap. would be less work in the long run.
I was thinking maybe a z cut with backing plates. I think if I'm careful measuring it should be too bad. I could get a laser level to get elevations, I think.