HELP No blinkers brake lights or hazards and I gotta get my kids!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Ugh, I have to pickup my kids tonight and my truck is freaking out. 1997 suburban, just got done doing the ac and heater cores, put the dash back together, fired it up, was working fine. Drove it around a bit then parked. Hour later I started it up, backed down the drive way, turned the wheel, put it in d, hit the gas, entire truck shut down. No start condition. Waited a few started up, stumbled, died. Did this 2 more times till I straightened out the wheel, aimed to pull back in the driveway, and was able to pull in. Starts now no problem. Wipers work, but no blinkers, no turn signals, no hazard, not sure about cruise. 3rd tail light works. Guys I'm exhausted after doing this job, can anyone point me to right place to start hunting this issue my brain is fried. No blown fuses.

Reseat the big molex plug that has the main wire harness down the column maybe? Thats all I can come up with.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
So I reseated connected c266 which is what connects the multifunction switch. No joy. I followed the test procedure for the signals in the factory manual. It says replace the multifunction switch. Advance auto says that the multifunction switch isn't the problem. I don't know what to do. Any advice? Anyone?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
well' since everything worked fine before you replaced the dash, I would start by taking the dash back out and thoroughly inspecting the wiring. There could be a wire that got pinched by a bolt putting it back in or stretched while taking it out. Besides re-removing it, its a crap shoot on where the problem could be.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the factory diagnostic pointed to the multifunction switch (I presume it led you to the turn/hazard switch inside?) then I'd go by that.

Are the tail lamps and license plate lamps working when the headlights are on?

Turn Signals Inoperative:
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
well' since everything worked fine before you replaced the dash, I would start by taking the dash back out and thoroughly inspecting the wiring. There could be a wire that got pinched by a bolt putting it back in or stretched while taking it out. Besides re-removing it, its a crap shoot on where the problem could be.

This would be my guess.