Help - Lifting front end w/ coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
I want to lift the front of my truck to level out with the back - maybe even eventually taking the back and front another inch or two after its been leveled but im not too sure how ill go about doing that.

I know about the trucks that have torsion bars, the different ways to lift the front end about 2 inches or so to equal the same height as the back but
after taking a look I have no torsion bars ive got springs in the front. Im just curious if ill get the lift i want (maybe even more than 2in) with coil spring spacers.
has anyone been in this situation?

any help would be great. Thanks!

(if you guys need pics of the truck/suspension just ask)

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lifted mine with 2" lift springs. Im not thrilled about the ride, but it seems to havent gotten a lil better now that they have settled some. Im actually fixing to take them off and go back lower.

Im not sure that I recommend lifting with springs or spring spacers tho. If you want to lift it, you better off going with a 4" spindle lift and a block in the rear.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
is that a cheap way to go with the spindle lift? im looking for the cheapest way possible but not somthing that will break or really ware down the parts.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
A spindle is your best bet. Since you have no TBs you have a 2x4. A spindle gives you the lift without changing your angles while a spring or spacer will change your angles making it harder to align. Go with a 4" spindle lift kit from Rough Country and get a 2" AAL if you want to keep the rake on the truck.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the one I have. I love the lift but a guy at a local shop (see my build... not a very well respected guy) can't get it to align properly.

Have you gone to another shop yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez