HELP! can't get one line off and the other wont go back on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wanted to take my throttlebody off to clean it and change the T gasket under the fuel injector assembly.

Got all the connections and fuel lines off except the dr. side one. Its stripped bad and won't budge. But the 3/4 fitting started moving.

How do you take this off?

And now the pass. side fuel line won't go back in? The threads arent catching.

What do I do?

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
take the nut off the transmission stud that holds the lines in place,slide the bracket off the stud,it will give you more wiggle room,,for the one the one stripped,,can you get a set of vise grips on it??

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 take a vise grip after the stripped fitting, just don't collapse it. The line that the threads aren't catching on, just work at some more. The fuel lines can be a PITA to get started into the TBI, you just have to play with it a bit to get the fittings started.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad this truck isn't my only vehicle. Its starting to get too cold to work anymore tonight so next time it warms up and I have a chance, I'll try it out.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Glad this truck isn't my only vehicle. Its starting to get too cold to work anymore tonight so next time it warms up and I have a chance, I'll try it out.

If you're going to wait a while before working on it again I would recommend soaking that stripped out fitting in PB Blaster or something similar just to try and loosen it up some to give the Vise Grips a fighting chance.

6.5-k3500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to start the fuel lines before you bolt the TB down, that's usually what I end up doing and it make things a little easier.