Hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Leishear

Reaction score
Hello, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is John, but Most people know me or call me by my nickname, Cherokee John. I'm currently residing in Jacksonville, FL, I am from Western NC, but have lived may of place within the lower 48. I spent the longest time in Maryland, the N central area, not far from Gettysburg, PA, and about 30 mins NW of Baltimore, also known as the rust belt. I currently daily drive my 1994 K1500 Blazer, it is my 5th GMT400. I've grown up in a GM family and fell in love with the OBS gen with my fathers 95 Ex-cab 95, it ran over 350,000K. Ive had several OBS's and a few Square's too. I currently also have a 72 Custom/10 that's in process of a Restoration/Preservation, and a 78 3+3 crew cab C30, single rear wheel, that's next on the list as i need a good towing truck, the 78 will be undergoing a Cummins 12 valve p-pump swap. my 94 has 194,K on it currently with all original drivetrain, I love the 2 door full size Blazer and intend on a full resto-mod in the next 2 years. I am disabled from 2 separate motorcycle accident, 1st was a MX crash in 1995 that got me multiple hardware inserts and 3 years of rehab to regain 75% use of my left arm. 2nd was in 06 on my Harley. i was run over by a 19 yr old female who was texting , and carrying on with several friends in her car. I was sitting front line at a red light in SW Florida when before i knew what hit me, i was under the front of her car. 23 broken bones, several ripped thru my skin, and a very long list of other injuries, long story short, that one put me out of work for good. 17 surgeries, 5 years of rehab and I can walk, and use my arms but everything i do is limited now. At least I'm still alive is what i say to myself' and since I'm alive, i will try and enjoy all i can and do all i can. Thank you all for joining me into this forum, I look forward to meeting some of you and can offer up as much as i can, from knowledge to references, and anything else that i can assist in. thank you for your time in reading my introduction, have a great day yall

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome John!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
I can relate to what you've gone through. Glad you survived.

Feb/'97.
3 blocks from home with 4 bags of groceries. On a Mountain Bike. (Worth more than my truck at the time. ...& the truck was pretty nice!)
Got hit by a drunk driver & dragged for 144' under the car.
Almost 1/2 the length of a football field.
A hockey rink's 200', so basically from the backboards to the blueline at the other end.
I'm reminded every day. Lost most of '17 & about 1/2 of '18 due to complications. 20 f*n years after the fact!
It's not only the 'just getting outa bed in the morning' bit, but 'the haunts', too.
Visions of lights...bumper...undercarriage...TIRE!
Just writing this down & my hands are shakin'! Goosebumps. Ewww. Shudder.
Still have the bike, though. Hanging in the shop.
Used to ride 100-150 miles a week.
Haven't put 100 miles on 2 wheels in the years since.

Anyways, good to have you here. ...and not just here on the forum.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want another bike ( Harley only) but thats why I dont get one. Some dizzy little girl, on Her phone running over me. People just dont pay attention to what they are doing. Yes I have a lead foot, and Im always hauling ass, but I am aware of everything around me. I learned that last time I had a bike. I keep falling across these deals on a scoot. One day, Im just not going to be able to resist. Hope it doesnt end up crippling me. If it kills me, well thats ok I guess. At least I wont have to put up with all the crap in the world any more.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome: