Hello from the high desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in Ridgecrest, Ca if you have ever heard of the place. About 90 miles east of Lancaster/Palmdale. Buying a 94 GMC SL 1500, 4.3, long bed, AOD. Pretty basic truck, so hopefully less stuff to go wrong.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
Greetings...
I have been by Ridgecrest going north on 395 on the way to Tahoe, I always go 395 because I have to make my stop in Bishop at the Schat's Bakery.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using 300 Baud Modem.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied.

I have been doing some research on the forum. I will need to fix the door pull/arm rests. LMC does not seem to carry these separate from the door panels, or maybe I just ain't looking in the right spot? Looks like a couple other vendors do. Also will need to fix the sun visors. a/c is out right now as well, so guess I'll have a few things to tinker with.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picking it up tomorrow. Called my insurance company, going to be less than $10/month for full coverage to add it to my existing policy so that's nice. Looking forward to getting it home, cleaning it up, and driving it a little. Been over 3 years since I had a truck. Last one was a 71 F100 Short bed I had for 10 years. I swapped discs, 5.0 HO and AOD into, along with a bunch of other little mods. I had to sell it to pay for my cross country move to California. Miss that truck, and so does my oldest son. He still mentions it from time to time and he was only 4 when I sold it.