Hello from Metro Detroit! Some questions inside with intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjh1127

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, been on FSC for a while but havent been active in a year or so. My last truck was a 97 z71, loved that thing! But my new truck is a new realm for me, a 95 c1500 SCSB, never had a 2wd truck before. has the 5.7L TBI junk bucket. I purchased it this weekend for $3900. Has an entirely brand new body, including rad support, and nice fresh paint, dont worry i had the frame inspected, everything was straight and clean. it has some minor issues but i mostly bought it for the body anyway to swap SOMETHING in, although i havent put my thumb on exactly what i want to swap yet, I am hoping, and confident, that you guys will be able to help there!

Blue one is my old z71, Sold the 22s the day after I bought it and put it on nice stock wheels.

My immidiate goals for the new truck is to make it more Daily Driver friendly.
It was originally a work truck package, so ty bench seat and rubber floors. Roll windows but power locks which is a plus.

The last owner delete the A/C compressor- Im assuming it locked up on him so he just put a bypass pulley in, I got lucky at the yard yesterday and found everything missing for that, so get the AC back kickn cold.

The engine and or trans (or maybe torque converter) is pretty tired, my 93 s10 blazer has more pickup than this thing does, when its first started and cold you can hit the gas and it wont move hardly at all, once it warms up its better, but still not great, revs up and then grabs all at once, especially first gear, so i need to sort through that (ANY IDEAS??) --Eventually I want to swap something else in, but im torn between a crate 350, or upgrading to a modern day lq9, when thinking of a daily driver only and considering dollar for dollar best bang for the buck while maintaining some resemblance of mpgs which route would yall take?
Also going to be swapping in some denali or escalade buckets and console for daily comfort..

Oh and lastly, try to figure out what rear suspension will be a little more comfortable. This truck will never see strip or track, just a gas hog daily, so i want pure comfort, air spring maybe?

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from canton! since I know how the roads in Michigan are, I would probably just lower it an inch or two front rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjh1127

Reaction score
Thanks Dave! I'm in west Bloomfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk