Hello From Illinois

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I have owned many trucks throughout my life from fords to chevys to dodges. Both gas and diesel. I am about to pick up at '97 K1500 Z71. The truck has been sitting for about 3 years but has been well taken care of and only has 90,*** miles on it. I am planning on making it my daily driver as well as a nice hunting truck. Going to be a lot of fun! I will definitely be doing a build thread along the way.

I currently live in Richland County in the "great" state of Illinois. Look forward to learning more and more about these trucks and hopefully providing some worthwhile information and entertaining posts along the way.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Welcome! Pics would be cool if you get the truck. Pretty good miles right there too

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
:welcome:

You will find everything from stock rebuilds to insane builds that have taken years to complete here. If you come across a question, just ask. We won't bite... Too hard anyway.... :ROFLJest:

On a side note, pics are always nice too...

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will definitely post some pics as soon as I get the truck picked up, hoping to have the time to get it this week. Already have about $600 worth of parts sitting in the basement ready to go on it. Should be a lot of fun!

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Sounds like you are getting quite a head start on things. Good luck with it. What are your plans for it?

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Initially I just want it to be perfect mechanically. I wont be doing anything too crazy with it though, probably get rid of all the chrome and have everything color matched. I want it to just be a very nice truck as my daily driver as well as capable to take into the woods to go hunting.

Coveman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! These are great trucks and this site is a great resource to keep them up