hello from Hewitt TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathanb

Reaction score
Hello from Hewitt TX (just south of Waco). My name is Nathan. I grew up in Leander TX (just north of Austin). I have been around Trucks my whole life. My grandfather owned a used parts yard, my uncle owned a body shop and service shop, and my parents owned a service shop. When I was 10 my grandfather told me that if I could get a truck running I could drive it everytime I was there. So at 10 I fixed and started driving my first truck. I have always been a ford person then in 2004 I purchased a ram 1500 quad cab with 4.6 (now my wife's truck). I decided that our primary travel truck (because we are trying to keep miles down on the ram) a 2001 F150 extended cab XLT 5.4 V8 with 136000 miles was getting too small as my two daughters, wife and I to travel in. I had resevervations about moving it as my biological father left it to me and it had no issues but it was too small. I started looking for a replacement that was in similar condition. I ended up finding a person that was looking to down size and we made a trade. the truck I got only needs a few small thing on it, but I am sure that other stuff will come up as I drive it and that why I am here. I have learned a lot over my years but the most important thing I have learned is that there is usually soemone that has had the same issue that I am at that time. so I look forward to talking with everyone and getting help on any issues I have and hopefully be able to help at some point.

But enough about me here is the truck I got in trade for my F150. a 1999 chevrolet c3500 crew cab dually LS with a 5.7 automatic with 159000 miles. the only real issue it had is that the prior owner had a blow out on the driver side dual. He did a decent repair (or at least it is better than a busted fender) so it is something that can wait to replace. the truck is in good shape with just needing a few things.

You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
welcome! and nice truck looking forward to seeing how it progresses

Sent from my static android

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:welcome: fellow Texan!!! Fix that bedside!

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. What are your plans for the truck? Lowering it would be awesome, not too much but just enough to bring it down a little bit. Looks like a solid truck and a good one to start off with.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Dodge would be a 4.7, 4.6 is a ford engine lol.

nathanb

Reaction score
Thank you all for the Welcome! Sorry it was late and I had a brain fart on the dodge you are correct it is a 4.7. on the chevy for now I am just going to leave it stock and get everything working and looking perfect. Then in time I may drop it. I am not much of a dropped guy but it does look good on duallys.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
:welcome: from Mississippi!!!

I've got 2 brothers in Austin!!! Some beautiful country around there!!!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Ford to Chevy seems like an upgrade to me!!! Welcome to the site