Heavy Duty Headlight Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
Lately i have noticed the light switch in the dash getting hot when i run my headlights for extended periods of time. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the upgraded headlight harness from lmc (http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=144) or this one from painless performance (http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=30817) the price difference is a lot but i'm kinda leaning towards the harness from painless because of the quality of some of the stuff from lmc.

Last edited:

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1990 I had would leak oil out of the switch but when I had it at that time it was under warranty all they did is replace the switch or that's what they put on the ticket. Maybe call a dealership to see it there is a recall on it.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i upgraded mine. i am selling a relay box in the for sale section that pulls power from your battery instead of thru your headlight switch. Its easy to wire up

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
My 1990 I had would leak oil out of the switch but when I had it at that time it was under warranty all they did is replace the switch or that's what they put on the ticket. Maybe call a dealership to see it there is a recall on it.

mines not that bad just getting a little bit warm to the touch.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
i upgraded mine. i am selling a relay box in the for sale section that pulls power from your battery instead of thru your headlight switch. Its easy to wire up

i have no worries about hooking it up, i just wanted to know if there was any justification of the painless price compared to the one from lmc

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could build your own for half the price or buy the one from Kable.

x2 on that, build your own or by from Kable! Don't waste your money on buying the one from painless. IMO all there harness' are WAY overpriced. On everyone of my builds, i always build a completely new harness' from scratch. You'll save money, and end up with better results. Also do you have your dash lights dimmed when the switch starts to get warm to the touch?

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
x2 on that, build your own or by from Kable! Don't waste your money on buying the one from painless. IMO all there harness' are WAY overpriced. On everyone of my builds, i always build a completely new harness' from scratch. You'll save money, and end up with better results. Also do you have your dash lights dimmed when the switch starts to get warm to the touch?

i understand that it is cheaper to build my own harness but i don't have that much time on my hands, all i need to know is if the quality of the harness is better than or the same as the one in the lmc catalog. the dash lights do not dim that i know of, it never did before i switched them to leds a few months ago, honestly i don't know how long the switch has been getting hot for but i noticed it the other night and figured i see about preventing any problems before they happen.