Heaters not blowing and its cold!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so in this new truck the blower isnt working. No matter what i have the settings on. And i'm pretty sure the controls are fine. So can anyone help me out on how to troubleshoot this?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Having my heater repaired atm - Does it blow air at all? IF so, it's cold? Check 2 things; 1st check for coolant leaks. Left side of engine bay, behind intake box. There is a Y and a T fitting that are plastic and dryout - look for leaks around here. 2nd check the actuator/solenoid that's pinned up against the firewall, it could be stuck but you should be able to manually adjust it.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, its not blowing air at all. Heat, a/c or vent. None whatsoever

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Check the leads to the blower motor, is it getting power? No, Check the A/C control module. Yes, bad blower motor.
A/C Control Module getting power? Yes, replace A/C Control Module. No, Check the Fuse.

Don't take this literal - it's how I would check mine and should give you an idea what to look for.

Good luck.

Err Edit: Blower motor is visible on the passenger side under the dash. Right most round looking black thing. To get it out, take the glove department out.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, ive got a wire thats burnt in half down by the blower motor. Its a black wire coming from up in the dash with 2 other wires and what appears to be the other end goes into the large wiring harness.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i thought. The end coming from up in the dash has power coming through it but the end in the wire harness doesnt. So im confused.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Black is usually 'ground'.
That would be the case if its a single wire. If its the power cable(s), that are shrink wrapped black, with a plug on the end, it isn't. The ground should have tab on the end of the wire, that gets screwed to a tab on the blower motor. The power cable should be a connector male/female thingy.

95six.five

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a purple wire with a male/female connector and i've also got a black one with one similar but not the same.