Heater problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys being this my first GMT400, is anyone elses blower just uncontrollably out of all vents no matter what the setting its supposed to be on?

I have the LT trim and well my servo next to the gas pedal is still hooked up and does move. the switch does make and control the windshield blower but that is it.

IF you have info that you could share with me it would be awesometacular.

specialized

Reaction score
Not a lot of help but I have about the same problem the actuator turns but I think the linkage is setup wrong but if if I take the linkage off I can manually turn the dampener, have you tried that?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Replaced the actuator? If someone took it off and turned the knob with the key on it can jack that actuator all to hell. I've been ignoring mine for awhile but come fall I want to change it. I'm tired of cold drinks boiling in front of the vent hahah

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is quite an easy fix, there's a little motor black box right above the gas peddle. It's connect to the plastic joints that move back and fourth to control the direction of the air flow. You can take this motor off (smaller than half a dollar bill) you can change the direction manually so it just blows on your face from the vents, but if you move the adjusting *** on the Dash for the air flow it will be stuck to what you change it to. This part can be replaced for under $50, not cheap I know. But something that has to be done. I will post pics of it tomorrow if you'd like to see it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-604-...98|Make:Chevrolet&hash=item1c31486d9a&vxp=mtr

That will fix your problem. Dig around your local junk yard. I wish I had one in my area lol.