Heated seats wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh104626

Reaction score
I just got some heated seats out of a 2007 Suburban for my 97 k1500. I cant figure out how to wire the heated part in I’ve got the buttons from the suburban, but have no clue how to wire it in. Any help would be appreciated.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the 2007 seat as comfortable as the 1997? I had a silverado of that generation and it was awful!

That's going to be some serious custom work if your '97 didnt have heated seats to begin with.
Here's the broad strokes how I'd go about it. It's a mod I'd do if I came across the right seats. So, I'm curious to see if anyone chimes in and picks this apart.

Find a high-amp circuit that's only on when the engine is running (research how many amps heated seats draw). I bet the car horn pulls more amps than the seats. So... connect into that circuit and whatever you do, dont honk the horn while your girlfriend is toasting her buns!
No. That's a terrible idea.

I think there's blank aux power under the dash that you can tap into. (There was on my old GMT900...havn't had the need to learn up on that for the GMT400 yet).

Find a description of the wire block connector for the 2007 seat. Poke around with a multimeter until you're sure what's going on.

I doubt the relay for the heated seats is IN the seat. So you'll probably need to wire one in (watch a lot of youtube).
The load line goes from the aux power terminal under the dash (if it exists) to the relay. The other leg of the relay goes to the seat. The seat goes to ground (if the wire diagram for the seat block does not include a ground, then it's probably grounded through the mounting bolts).
The other half of the relay can be wired half a dozen different ways. The heated seat switch (hss) can be on the ground or on the hot side. Depends on how the seat is wired.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like a great project to dive into custom automotive wiring but there's definitely a learning curve there. It's going to require very specific research as to how the seat is wired and decisions on how you want it to function.
(Just watch, someone will come in and tell us how to make it plug'n'play. I'll be a little embarrassed if anyone who knows what they're talking about reads my post above. Hopefully I did about as good as Click and Clack)

Its a whole heck of a lot easier to get yourself heated seat covers... Again - are the 2007 seats any good?? Do they mount straight up?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a high-amperage lead from an underhood fuse block (robbed from a Mazda) to a firewall pass-through. I then ran it to a big relay under my center console (robbed from a Ford). When the ignition is turned on, the relay provides power to the seat heaters and an inverter in the back of the console. My seat adjustment power is hot all the time so I can move the seats with the key out.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ran a high-amperage lead from an underhood fuse block (robbed from a Mazda) to a firewall pass-through. I then ran it to a big relay under my center console (robbed from a Ford). When the ignition is turned on, the relay provides power to the seat heaters and an inverter in the back of the console. My seat adjustment power is hot all the time so I can move the seats with the key out.

I really like the power inverter idea, on the back of the console. That gives me thoughts of adding one to my truck. Maybe where the dual accessory plugs are in the dash, or something like that, IDK. I will have to give it some thought. I could have put it where I put the Silverado emblem, that my coworker made for me, but I'm not changing that now. It's a courtesy light that comes on when I open the door.

Attachments

• 20190909_140012.jpg
    20190909_140012.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210110_120033.jpg
    20210110_120033.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 19