Heat blows strong through floor, weak everywhere else

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So when I turn the blower on the heat or ac it blows strong through floor but when I switch it to other modes, it switches but feels like it is barely blowing. Is there intermediate vents that connect the dash and defrost vents that could have possibly come loose? If so can I get to it with the dash in place? Just wondering if anybody has taken apart the dash and knows how the system works before I start digging.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Could be a broken link on the outside of the box. Look under the dash about the center of the truck. On the left side of the box are a couple of funny looking linkages (2 or 3 inches long). It's 2 pieces of metal joined with a spring and piece of plastic. That piece of plastic breaks and it is no longer connected.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or the linkages are gummed up with old lube and fuzz. Very common.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Someotherguy drew a picture of exactly what I was talking about. I found a spring on the floor of my truck, and couldn't figure out where it went, until I tried the AC. Easy repair.

Reaction score
Yep that appears to be it. I see the two sheetmetal arms on the box side are just hanging there not attached to anything. To the junkyard I go. Thanks guys!!

ernjohn

Reaction score
well, hot damn! I was just going to ask about the linkages tonight and there was already a thread with the picture I was looking for. found some of those piece on my floor the other day and was wondering where the hell they dropped from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMACGMC