Headers on a Body Dropped Truck????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found out the hard way that mid-length headers will not work on a body dropped gmt400,...I have already tried reshaping the firewall.....does anyone know what headers will work with a bodydrop?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know shorty's will fit because they are similar in shape to maniflod's, but I don't know of any mid or full tube's that fit without major mod's.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I know dorred454 on fsc is running long tubes but thats also a 454 not sure how much diff there is with a small block as far as headers go

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Off topic but I was wondering do you have a build thread anywhere for your truck? I saw it at Turkey Drag and noticed the dash was out and was wondering what was in store for it.

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sry guys i havn't been on in a few days...I have resolved the problem...I ordered a set of flowtech ceramic coated shorty's, I just installed them...I still had to tap in the passenger side of my firewall a little, which sucks because I already painted my firewall..but oh well...other than that I have plenty of clearance everywhere else. Also, the myth that flowtech's are crappy is just that a myth...the ones I have are very nice..great fit..and a nice thick flange..im very happy with them...I will post pics when I get a chance.

I havn't had a chance to post a build thread yet, but I will as soon as I get a chance, been busy with work..But my plans are stock floor body drop(completed)...raceline billets, new paint, sheetmetal bed, detailed engine bay, accuair e-level, and a V8 swap(currently in progress)...along with a few other little tricks....I hope to debut it at Showfest in May.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I just found out the hard way that mid-length headers will not work on a body dropped gmt400,...I have already tried reshaping the firewall.....does anyone know what headers will work with a bodydrop?

I know you already settled with shorties, but it would have been alot easier to have shaped your exhaust around your body, instead of trying to mod your body around your exhaust.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sry guys i havn't been on in a few days...I have resolved the problem...I ordered a set of flowtech ceramic coated shorty's, I just installed them...I still had to tap in the passenger side of my firewall a little, which sucks because I already painted my firewall..but oh well...other than that I have plenty of clearance everywhere else. Also, the myth that flowtech's are crappy is just that a myth...the ones I have are very nice..great fit..and a nice thick flange..im very happy with them...I will post pics when I get a chance.

I havn't had a chance to post a build thread yet, but I will as soon as I get a chance, been busy with work..But my plans are stock floor body drop(completed)...raceline billets, new paint, sheetmetal bed, detailed engine bay, accuair e-level, and a V8 swap(currently in progress)...along with a few other little tricks....I hope to debut it at Showfest in May.
I can't wait to see it!

severedchris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still had to tap the firewall in a bit, but its a small price to pay for some shiny ceramic coated headers Quote=MOBS;149007]I know you already settled with shorties, but it would have been a lot easier to have shaped your exhaust around your body, instead of trying to mod your body around your exhaust.[/QUOTE]