Headers Back Should I Include?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from the headers back should I include the glass packs I already have on the truck OR just get rid of them and run no cats and no mufflers for a nice tone or is the glass pack a better way to go I'm confused as to why my uncle with a 95 5.7 tbi (who has his exhaust ending right under the seat due to rust) has a quieter truck then mine but a kid at school has a louder truck with mufflers and straight pipe and no headers on a tbi

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Exhaust tones are gonna be different based on pipe size, type of muffler/glass pack, high flow cats, no cats, headers, etc. It also can depend on what's been done to the motor. I have had my truck run the stock manifold with no exhaust after it and it would barely move, but man was it loud! I would say, in my opinion, I would run high flow cats with either no muffler or a flow through muffler if you are looking for loud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I would atleast run a muffler ... straight pipes sound good, but the sound would get annoying after half hour of driving down the highway...

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
They sound good if your motor is in good health, around here we call the ones that sound terrible a canton special, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
theres no doubt they sound good ... but its when your going down the highway, after a while the constant rumble could get annoying , so I find with my RAM

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm probably going to keep my glass packs and stick with true dual to the back with 2.5 or 3 inch pipe and it's going to have dual tips on both sides but should I get new glass packs or keep the ones I already have

And that's just for cost savings from the place I'm having it done