Headerback dual exhaust kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are there any header back dual exhaust kits even for a 91 k1500 350 I sure can't find one. And is there a performance difference between a cat back and running duals from the headerback?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only true dual kit I could find was 2 1/4". I don't recall if it fit on the 4wd or if it was only 2wd. I ended building my own true dual setup from long tube headers back to mufflers dumping in front of the axle. You can find pics of my setup in build thread. I have about $400 total with 2 1/2" aluminized pipe, flowmaster cats, and summit mufflers (knockoff of magnaflows).

cookseyb

Reaction score
The only true dual kit I could find was 2 1/4". I don't recall if it fit on the 4wd or if it was only 2wd. I ended building my own true dual setup from long tube headers back to mufflers dumping in front of the axle. You can find pics of my setup in build thread. I have about $400 total with 2 1/2" aluminized pipe, flowmaster cats, and summit mufflers (knockoff of magnaflows).
What did you do about the $#@@$$ fuel tank? I'm putting as LS in my 94 SWB and it will have shorty headers and I want 2 High flo cats and then true duals but it looks like i will have to change the tank location...

Texcuda

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you do about the $#@@$$ fuel tank? I'm putting as LS in my 94 SWB and it will have shorty headers and I want 2 High flo cats and then true duals but it looks like i will have to change the tank location...

The driver side pipe crosses to the passenger side under the transmission output housing. There is a pic in my build thread.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/93-chevy-rcsb.35413/

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I bought a diy mild steel mandrel bend kit and 2 4"x18" tips off of amazon and built my own. crossover is stock then goes back to the drivers side above the rear axle. not hard if you have or have a buddy with a sawzall and a welder, just take your time.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I have true duals on my Z71, I found a fresh wreck in the junk yard that had the work done, so I relocated it to mine. My true duals route in the same manner as a y pipe setup, just minus the "Y" part and run all on the passenger side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers