head unit for '91 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ydont know if you would want to, but you could put it in your headliner...just throwin and idea
thats actually a good suggestion and if i wasnt doing a crazy blowthrough system and worried about insane windshield flex i might do that
95 and up dash swap? Would probably be cheaper then buying all new gauges
that is VERY involved everything has to be swapped like the whole support and all that theres a lot of wiring to do too

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
redesign your center console? That seems easier than rebuilding a dash or swapping to a 95+ dash (although I think the 95+ dashes are tons nicer looking than the 94- dashes)

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love the overall look of the dash im a big fan and square lines but the location needs to be adjusted i might just have the radio on the seat untill i redesign the console hopefully by then i can do something nice like a custom fiberglass console that flows nicely with the lines of the dash and such

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love the overall look of the dash im a big fan and square lines but the location needs to be adjusted i might just have the radio on the seat untill i redesign the console hopefully by then i can do something nice like a custom fiberglass console that flows nicely with the lines of the dash and such

Hey to each his (or her) own right? If you like your dash then don't mess with it! :)

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey to each his (or her) own right? If you like your dash then don't mess with it! :)

well the only thing i like is the shape.... if i had the funds right now (and something to drive on the side) i would rip the dash out and fiberglass the hell out of it the way i have it envisioned in my head it would look like it rolled out of the factory like i would have it

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not just mount the radio in the center of the dash, and then just have a remote for it? I also do not like the location, but with my remote, it doesn't even bother me one bit anymore. I actually like it now, because it keeps all the fingerprints off the Head Unit, and also is a lot less distracting IMO

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not just mount the radio in the center of the dash, and then just have a remote for it? I also do not like the location, but with my remote, it doesn't even bother me one bit anymore. I actually like it now, because it keeps all the fingerprints off the Head Unit, and also is a lot less distracting IMO

i guess this is true ive never really liked using the remote but i guess i could make it work till i figure out something better

lowandloud91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is a good point. Especially when you know the buttons on the remote by feel and you dont even have to look at the remote or the head unit to change anything, makes it pretty easy

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i guess thats what i will do any suggestions what HU do you guys use im really a big fan of alpine and i was looking at the cda-105

what do you guys like?