Head light swap ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nascarguy320

Reaction score
I have a 97 tahoe with the H6054 headlights or w/k front end, I want to know how hard is it to wire in new plugs for the new style head lights. I have the grill, lenses and turn lenses, plus i have a wire harness that has the plugs on it from an 98 c1500. If you guys can help me out,plus post pics, I am also thinking of installing HIDs in the front....

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I have a 97 tahoe with the H6054 headlights or w/k front end, I want to know how hard is it to wire in new plugs for the new style head lights. I have the grill, lenses and turn lenses, plus i have a wire harness that has the plugs on it from an 98 c1500. If you guys can help me out,plus post pics, I am also thinking of installing HIDs in the front....

it's not bad.. you'd need two 9006 and two 9005 connectors... you would have to share the ground wire between highs and lows since you just have the one per side. I'm not sure of a write-up on this but it's not difficult. I switched mine from the Quad style to the 90-98 composites. (then did the 4-hi mod and HIDs)

nascarguy320

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys, will be doing this very soon just got moved in to our new house, parts and tools still in boxes....... I hate moving.....

nascarguy320

Reaction score
Well I got all the parts and swapped out the H`6054 lights to the 9005,9006 light and new grill it was not that bad of a swap, now I will be installing some HIDs soon...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo