Has anyone replaced their 3rd Brake Light Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brake light bulbs in the 3rd Brake Light just above the rear window must have burned out. I removed the assembly from the cab and can't seem to get the bulbs out of the holder. Is there a special tool needed to release the bulb from the bulb holder ?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just did this, once it was removed it i just took a little flat head screw driver and pushed them out from the backside. they seemed basically impossible to just pull out because they are tightly locked in there

Last edited:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just did this, once it was removed it i just took a little flat head screw driver and pushed them out from the backside. they seemed basically impossible to just pull out because they are tightly locked in there

that's exactly how I had to do mine.
I broke one, but then got the rest of em out. I don't know how GM was able to put those bulbs in without breaking them.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah they are hard as crap to get out...guy at o'reillys came out and popped one out with a flathead and so i tried the others and ended up breaking them so i just broke the others and pulled them out with pliers....they pop back in pretty easy

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you put them back in put alittle bit of dielectric grease on them it will be easier to remeove them next time