Hard to find Parts for C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Newbie here.
Im working on a 5.3 swap in a 1991 C1500 and am having a heck of a time finding some small parts.
I got the truck for free but the interior was trashed so i gutted it and starting over.

Under the hood im going to use a 4.3 Radiator but i can not find the radiator bushings/isolators nor hold downs. I dont know anyone that has one of these generation trucks either so im struggling.

Im using the 4.3 radiator so i can offset it and run a Heat Exchanger on the driver side with the room left over. Magnacharger Heat exchanger from the 99-07 trucks fits perfect in the spot.

The truck use to be really clean till the 383 died from a nitrous overdose. Lawnmower knocked out a back window and it sat outside for 8 years with rain and leaves getting in the broken window so it was filthy inside.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The junkyard is your friend. These trucks are old enough that there are quite a few clean ones coming into the yards. That will be your best bet for odd parts.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive emailed a couple local ones today. But was really wanting new parts :D

Ive found Prothane 7-1713 but most the reviews say it has only 2 pieces that will fit the radiator but comes with 4. The other 2 are too large. Doh..

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 4.3 brackets and rubber mounts. I’m converting to a carbed 350 on my 93 Chevy SAS project and bought a flexalite radiator fan combo to use on it. I even have the 4.3 fan shroud if you need it.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the 4.3 brackets and rubber mounts. I’m converting to a carbed 350 on my 93 Chevy SAS project and bought a flexalite radiator fan combo to use on it. I even have the 4.3 fan shroud if you need it.

Would you mind posting a picture or PM me whenever you get around to it.
Id like to check it out.
Im gonna run Efans but should be able to make something work.