Hard acceleration sputter....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 97 chevy with the vortec l31 350. The truck runs great driving around town cruising etc, however when i mat it to WOT around 3200 rpm it has a very noticiable stumble then carries on thrue the RPM range. Anyone else have this happen? Not throwing any code's and i always keep the tune/ maintenince up to spec. Btw other than Intake, exhaust, and 180 thermostate it's pretty much stock for the engine.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having this same problem, I have been for a while now... I suspect its the fuel spider assembly in mine.... It really stumbles when u floor it... I changed my fuel filter, my fuel pump is running at the correct pressure... I cleaned my K&N CAI and MAF and the throttle body and im still stumbling when the beast is wide opend... Thats really all I can think of..? Spiders clogged up from over the years and need to be replaced...

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
MY truck was kinda doing the same thing. Would do it worse when loaded with a trailer. The other day i was towing a horse 350 miles, i got about 200 miles away from home. It started bucking the whole truck at 70 mph. i could barely get out of the way of cars. Found a autozone about 3 miles away and limped it there. Threw a cap and rotor on it... Boom fired right up.. Black smoked like a diesel for all of 10 seconds too haha

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did a full tuneup on it though. When it does it say im accelerating hard thrue 2nd gear and around 3200 rpm it stumples for just a second then continues thrue the rpm range. I did have the same problem as you before with cap and rotor though before the tune up.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never really considered that. I am still in need of a Black Bear tune.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score