haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The best ones are the ones who put in a programmer and blow up the truck.....then whine and complain that theyre warranty wont cover a melted piston or a munched transmission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Haha yes I've heard that one too. But I think we need to get back on to topic and wait for the build to start. I'm getting sick of all this back and forth crap. Everyone has opinions and it will never change

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Allisons suck on anything other than a stock truck, end of story.

Texas is this gonna be like when you decided to demold and it took over a year for you to do it after you said you had already done it?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it was slipping and they are still pulling with it at truck pulls that shows they dont take care of the truck

actually, he started hooking it to sleds in hopes to finish off the tranny so he could get a built one, but it only slips at higher gears so it didnt do anything to mess it up

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha yes I've heard that one too. But I think we need to get back on to topic and wait for the build to start. I'm getting sick of all this back and forth crap. Everyone has opinions and it will never change

LOL! exactly man...I literally just had to scroll straight through until it wasn't some story about bobbys cousin's brother's mother's friend's crappy duramax tranny :nono:

I need to post pics of that cummins 12v into that stock gm400 suburban 4x4, so people understand you don't need 1 ton axles to have the cummins :hmm:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I need to post pics of that cummins 12v into that stock gm400 suburban 4x4, so people understand you don't need 1 ton axles to have the cummins :hmm:

It helps a lot though, 1/2 ton trucks and their suspensions are not meant to hold the weight or power of a cummins. A 4bt could be had with the stock suspension but when you start putting 12 valves and 24 valves in there you will want/need at least a 3/4 ton suspension.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It helps a lot though, 1/2 ton trucks and their suspensions are not meant to hold the weight or power of a cummins. A 4bt could be had with the stock suspension but when you start putting 12 valves and 24 valves in there you will want/need at least a 3/4 ton suspension.

No I def understand that and I'm all for doing things the right way, but just someone was making it sound like it's impossible, yet here is a fellow who just did it on a stock IFS 4x4 suburban. He didn't make any comments about the weight.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
O ya it will definitely work just as a stock 4l60e can work behind a 6.0, you just won't have the full experience because of the needed altered driving style.

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
no sir bobby... its comin along its way deff. not makin my projected time but its comin along