haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
umm if your truck is smoking like that in park something wrong lol but a diesel would be cool
not really, there is a cummins around here that is built and just poors smoke from all of the tuning and and stuff that is on it.
I really like the first pic, it looks really good like that!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Smoke just means your on the throttle, it doesnt mean its not programmed right or something, its just building boost to keep up and burn the fuel your putting through it,
on a sice note, just say no to dual stacks

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Haha, this talked me into lookin for a diesel, so within a few months hopefully I will have one

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the advantages of towing and have a long last motor, and the reliability... But when u roll coal on people its about the funnest thing ever

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That's funny, I have Dodge tow mirrors on my half ton diesel conversion.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Ok I'll get some pics of the mirrors when I get a chance to go to our other shop. My conversion is with an 89 Isuzu 4BD1-T which has a 3.9L displacement just like a 4BT. The 4BD1-T is direct injected, has sleeved cylinder walls, and they all come with a mechanical lift pump, so a lot of people say they are actually better engines then the 4BT's but I love both so I would use either one I got my hands on.

The thing about the Isuzu's is that the stock starter will interfer with the location of the front diff. You can either clock the starter which requires milling it, or you can do like I did since I wanted to anyways, and just SFA the truck. I have a Dana 44 in the front and a 14 bolt in the rear. The Isuzu is hooked up to a 4L80E transmission with a PCS stand alone transmission controller that I have to program myself.