haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomasj

Reaction score
well i use my truck for hauling 5th wheels and such, a diesel would help, hmmmmm :naughty: i may just have to invest

Thomasj

Reaction score
oh i know forsure, people around my part of town throw alot of smoke out of their diesels, i would be one to have a programmer to make a tune just for showing off, and then have it back to normal, but you just gotta love that cummins sound/smoke

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends with cummins and no I do not want one anymore. Sure they last forever and sound good and pull good but they are expensive as **** to maintain.

Thomasj

Reaction score
x2. but the "rich" boys around here are all driving their daddy's trucks, and not really caring, i work at an automotive shop called car-x, ive seen at least 10 cummins in the garage in the past month with bad injectors. its bad , maybe thats why i havent thought of swapping :doh2:

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
None of my friends with cummins are driving daddy's trucks so they have a lot of down time saving up for parts when they break. I had one buddy who paid on a truck for a year then the trans went out and he paid on it for another year while it sat in his driveway waiting for a trans.

Thomasj

Reaction score
true, but none of my FREINDS are driving their daddys trucks. all im saying is it would be nice to have a diesel on some of my trips. make it a hell of a lot easyer on my shifting hand

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
None of my friends with cummins are driving daddy's trucks so they have a lot of down time saving up for parts when they break. I had one buddy who paid on a truck for a year then the trans went out and he paid on it for another year while it sat in his driveway waiting for a trans.

Dodge trans aren't the greatest from the factory but they can be built to handle some amazing power reliably but it isn't cheap.

I left the 4L80E behind my Cummins and it works very well. Trans is stock with 100k on it and I've put 15k on the Cummins with no issues. Towing it doesn't get hotter than 180 (except when I stop it creeps to 200-ish). I am pretty impressed with it.

Plus, if you stick with the early, non-computerized Cummins (1989-98), they are simple and very reliable.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yall really think taylor is capable of doin this swap lmao this is just a PIPE DREAM!!