haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to post pics of that cummins 12v into that stock gm400 suburban 4x4, so people understand you don't need 1 ton axles to have the cummins :hmm:

Since I am a member here now and it's my truck you are talking about, I'll post the pics:

You must be registered for see images
\

Here is the motor:

You must be registered for see images

Yes, I have the factory IFS. The Cummins is only a few hundred lbs heavier than the 454 Vortec. All of that weight is centered over the front axle. It is quite a bit lighter than a snowplow (especially with the leverage of it being off of the extreme front) hanging off the front.

It drives exactly like it used to with the big block. I can throw it into a corner just the same and it doesn't seem to push the front end or run up on the sides of the tires.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And to the OP, if you need any advice or help just let me know, I would be glad to walk you through anything you needed help with.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Yes, I have the factory IFS. The Cummins is only a few hundred lbs heavier than the 454 Vortec. All of that weight is centered over the front axle. It is quite a bit lighter than a snowplow (especially with the leverage of it being off of the extreme front) hanging off the front.

It drives exactly like it used to with the big block. I can throw it into a corner just the same and it doesn't seem to push the front end or run up on the sides of the tires.

Yes but you are comparing a 3/4 ton to a 1/2 ton. His IFS is even weaker than yours is. :deal:

any progress?

According to facebook he has been doing nothing but partying lately so I doubt it.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes but you are comparing a 3/4 ton to a 1/2 ton. His IFS is even weaker than yours is. :deal:

According to facebook he has been doing nothing but partying lately so I doubt it.

so much for having it done by the 2x of august then...

Thomasj

Reaction score
the only problem i would have with putting a cummins, or dmax in my trucks is that i would mod it to make it smoke, then NEVER let my foot off of the gas. i would loveee to though!