gutting my cat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
will it cause any problems if i punch the cat in my truck i think it'll turn the SES light on but will it do anything else

its my 98 in my sig

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm Assuming your talking about the 98 since you asked about the ses light.

Thats the only issue is the ses will light up unless you get your rear o2's tuned out.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I'm Assuming your talking about the 98 since you asked about the ses light.

Thats the only issue is the ses will light up unless you get your rear o2's tuned out.

i would love to delete the rear o2s but cant afford that so as long as it wont do anything i may punch it this weekend

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you guys taking it off and beeating the hell of it or just hitting it on the truck?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well you gotta catch it first,i always grab it by the tail watch out it dont claw ya, then punch it as hard as ya can

Balzer

and Mean Girl *truck*
Reaction score
I straight piped my 97 no cat no muffler. I put a sleve in the rear O2 with a small hole in the end and my SES light almost never came on. The sleve had something to do with a spark plug???? Anyway you unscrew the O2, screw in the sleve, then screw the O2 into the sleve. I got it from a friend who does exhaust and thats their trick to fooling a computer when the cat is removed.

EDIT: I called him, Its a "spark plug anti-foul adapter" he says you can find them in the "help" section of parts stores.

Last edited: