Gun Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How does the rack mount? Ive been lookin for one of these for a while.

It mounts between the glass and plastic trim pieces or window channels. I had to mount mine between the plastic and windows only because of my sliding rear window. Hunter if you go with this you'll only be able to open your rear window barely a centimeter. I don't open my rear window so its not a big deal for me.

I would be to worried they would get stolen around here. 400's are so easy to break into I dont want to give them any extra reasons to look twice at mine. Plus I would get fired as soon as someone at work saw them. There policy is you cant even have them on the property locked in your personal vehicle.... :nono:

I only have guns in my truck when I go to the range. Weapons are a big no no at my college (at any college at that) so I don't have them on my rack 6/7 days of the week. We do have vehicle break ins but no one keeps guns in their cars where I live (guns aren't too popular just like lifted trucks haha) but I keep my truck locked at all times.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
there is also the overhead shelf kit that mounts where your visors go can be bought through jcwhitney i had one in my 98 when i bought it he also had a roof mounted gun rack but he took it out before i bought it but the shelf is nice and they sell a gun mount kit for it i think

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdp-sh1196

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
there is also the overhead shelf kit that mounts where your visors go can be bought through jcwhitney i had one in my 98 when i bought it he also had a roof mounted gun rack but he took it out before i bought it but the shelf is nice and they sell a gun mount kit for it i think

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vdp-sh1196

I thought about getting one of these for my 97, to hold my mini-14 when I get it.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I have a Big Sky..my only problem is when I go down a steep incline and hit the bottom hard, I hit my head on it. I take mine down after deer season so it's not in the way..serves its purpose.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weapons are a big no no at my college (at any college at that) so I don't have them on my rack 6/7 days of the week. We do have vehicle break ins but no one keeps guns in their cars where I live (guns aren't too popular just like lifted trucks haha) but I keep my truck locked at all times.

LOL I used to keep my shotgun in the case with the barrel stuck down in the passenger footwell and the stock towards me so I could grab it and jump out easier, gun stayed there from the middle of sptember-beginin of january, noone cared and my truck was in the autotech shop a lot(i went thru that program) also normally had about 75-100 shells in my ammo box on top of sub box